- Laver & Wood Special Reserve English Willow Cricket Bat has long-standing, traditional shape.
- This profile benefits from a long, high spine right up through to the handle which allows for a very large hitting zone.
- A shape that is ideal for the cricket purist and touch players who love to place the ball through the gaps in the field.
- Special Reserve clefts are selected based on the only criteria – performance.
- In case of a Private Bin cleft having too many cosmetic imperfections, it will be transferred to Special Reserve.
- Similarly, if a cosmetically Grade 2 cleft performs too well, it will be upgraded to Special Reserve category.
- You might even find cosmetically stunning Grade 1 clefts which didn’t perform to the level of a Private bin will be transferred into this category but could not be sold as Grade 2.
- Defects and heartwood are common in this grade with a grain structure anywhere from 5-6 grains.
*Laver & Woods Bats are hand-made premium quality bats manufactured in New Zealand.