The 2020 Kookaburra Kahuna
Initially developed in 2001 in conjunction with Ricky Pointing, the Kahuna has stood the test of time and continues to meet the demands of the modern player in terms of profile, pick-up & ultimate performance
- World cup winner Jos Buttler
- Iconic – classically evolved to meet the demands of the modern game
- Middle; approx. 215mm to 235mm from toe
- Edge Thickness; approx. 34mm to 38mm
- Edge Profile; rounded
- Face Profile; curved
- Spine Height; approx 62mm to 67mm
- Scallop; approx. 1mm to 2mm
- Bow; approx 11mm to 12mm
- Handle; oval
- Weight; Short Handle @ 2lb 8oz to 2lb 10½oz
- ‘Vertex’ Grip
- ‘Kookaburra Pre-Prepared’ (KPP)
- English Willow
- Non-Oil ‘Pro Shield’ Face applied with natural back
- Short Handle only
Grade 4 Willow
- These blades have significant staining & cosmetic marks which make it impractical for them to be sold as a ‘natural’ bat.
- However, these marks have no impact on the performance of the bat, and as such it perfectly possible to get an excellent ‘driving’ bat from this grade.
- To cover these blemishes, we developed our ‘Pro Shield’ cover which is a Durable Lightweight Anti-scuff type material with the grain of a cricket bat sublimated on to the face.
- This allows Players who have limited budgets to own a bat that looks cosmetically attractive.