The 2020 Kookaburra Kahuna
Initially developed in 2001 in conjunction with Ricky Pointing, the Kahuna has stood the test of time and continues to meet the demands of the modern player in terms of profile, pick-up & ultimate performance
- World cup winner Jos Buttler
- Iconic – classically evolved to meet the demands of the modern game
- Middle; approx. 215mm to 235mm from toe
- Edge Thickness; approx. 34mm to 38mm
- Edge Profile; rounded
- Face Profile; curved
- Spine Height; approx 62mm to 67mm
- Scallop; approx. 1mm to 2mm
- Bow; approx 11mm to 12mm
- Handle; oval
- Weight; Short Handle @ 2lb 8oz to 2lb 10½oz
- ‘Vertex’ Grip
- ‘Kookaburra Pre-Prepared’ (KPP)
- Grade 2 Unbleached English Willow
- Short Handle & Long Blade
Grade 2 Willow
- Excellent quality blade but usually more redwood may be visible than on a Grade 1.
- This does not affect the playability of the bat.
- Similar number of grains to a Grade 1 with potentially the odd blemish or butterfly in the grain on the face of the blade.